We provide education and research for the investing and business communities through our Independent Financial Research Centre (IFRC).
Our work covers a number of areas, including-
- Macro. Macro, economic and global analysis, trends and opportunities.
- FA. Fundamental Analysis (FA) for stocks, primarily in Australia and the United States.
- Investing Systems. Investing systemisation of key decisions including stock selection, entry, exit and portfolio management.
- PVI. The understanding an implementation of a tested, robust, stock investing framework, namely Pure Value Investing (PVI).
- Trading Systems. Trading systemisation, particularly of short to medium term systems in the Futures and FX markets.
- ESG. Environmental and Social Governance (ESG)- opportunities for both investors and entrepreneurs, such as renewables and biotech.
- Hedging. The design and building of hedging strategies and their systemisation.
- Portfolio Construction. Portfolio construction and management through stocks and other instruments, including Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs).
- Investor Psychology. Understanding and then building processes to better deal with investor and trader psychology, for instance cognitive biases, including the Recency Bias.
- Disruption. Dealing with digital and other forms of business disruption, from both the investing and business perspectives. Here we are working on creating a sound set of principles and processes to fill the Moat v Disruption gap.
- True Wealth & FILL. Here we are focused on helping sophisticated and ordinary people alike to build a simple bridge from their current circumstances to what we call True Wealth. This is wealth that is balanced across a number of levels, and helps all of us to infuse a higher purpose in all we do. We summarise this in our concept of Financial Independence for Legacy and Lifestyle (FILL).
- Financial Literacy and Wealth Gap. Through all of our work, we have a vision and mission to help deal with the problems of financial literacy and the increasing wealth gap in many countries, including Australia and the US.
- Fintech. We are applying our work, such as investing systemisation with Fintech to better assist all of us to build solid information and decision-making processes.
- Creative Analysis. Investing and business activities are a delicate balance of art and science. In our work we try to strike this balance through what we call Creative Analysis. For example, in the design and management of Hybrid Systems in investing and trading.
- Contrarian-ism. Many of the best opportunities in the markets come from not following the crowd. Through Creative Analysis, we find unique opportunities, often contrary to the mainstream. For example, looking to buy quality companies during a correction.
Lee Spano is the founder of Creatness International www.creatness.com . He has a broad range of knowledge and experience, now spanning nearly 30 years. He has worked in several sectors, including: finance, law, property and technology. In finance, Lee has specialised experience in stocks, options, futures and foreign exchange markets, where he has built robust investing and trading systems. In property, he has developed property, particularly medium density residential property in Australia. In technology, Lee was an early adopter in the 1990s in the design of professional online networks. In 1990, Lee started out as a lawyer in Sydney, Australia, and specialised in Commercial Law.
Lee holds several degrees and other awards from leading institutions, such as the University of Sydney. These cover disciplines such as: Finance, Business, Law, Mathematics and Psychology. He has a commitment to lifelong learning through research, innovation, and engaging with fellow travellers. Professionalism, integrity, social justice, creativity and serving others have become enduring values. On a personal note, Lee has a passion for family, community, nature and Art Photography.
Lee has written widely over the years, and his latest book is ‘True Wealth – Principles and Practices’ (Amazon –International ; Booktopia –Australia ; Barnes & Noble -USA). Here a new paradigm of thought for lasting prosperity and success is presented. It is based on extensive research and experience, drawing on many fields, ranging from science to philosophy, business and economics. He helps us to re-define what we mean by wealth and success, and then empowers us to achieve so much more in business and in life.
For Lee’s full biography, click here.
“If you are looking for someone to explain the financial markets in an easy to understand manner, I highly recommend Lee Spano. As the Events and Member Services Coordinator of the Australian Investors Association, I have called on Lee’s expertise many times to do presentations at our Annual National Conference as well as at our Information Meetings. Lee is also a regular article contributor to our quarterly magazine and Facebook page. Lee’s presentation style is excellent and his knowledge of the financial markets is excellent.” – Donna Meadows, AIA Events and Member Services Coordinator.
“Lee Spano has written many informative and engaging investment articles for Australian Resources and Investment magazine.” – Eden Cox, Editor Australian Resources and Investment Journal.
“With a broad background in Business and Law, Lee offers a range of information and educational products to the business and investing community. As an experienced Trader and Investor, he has been an active developer and innovator of trading systems for derivatives. He shares his expertise through published articles in journals and magazines. Lee has contributed his marketing expertise to the Australian Investors Association, through his membership of the Marketing Committee.”- Bill Dodd, Private Investor.
“As an industry professional I found working with Lee Spano, firstly on the Brisbane Chapter of the ATAA and then with the ATAA National Board, to be highly professional and his experience in marketing and member recruitment to be exemplary. The concepts put forward to be highly effective and achievable and in this regard I would highly recommend Lee’s services. As a co-member of the ATAA and attending Lee’s presentations, particularly in the area of increasing wealth creation through a disciplined and a systematic approach, to be clear and concise, with an emphasis on professionalism to be hugely beneficial to any private trader or professional.”- Dean Smith, Private Client Advisor- Options Specialist, Former President of the ATAA Brisbane Chapter and Director of the National ATAA Board.
“Surplus wealth is a sacred trust which its possessor is bound to administer in his lifetime for the good of the community.”- Andrew Carnegie.