The Power of Sustainability
Our mission is to help make a positive contribution to the world by educating, advocating, and building enterprise around, and awareness of, the power of Sustainability.
We are committed to the integration of the United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) by 2030. In particular we are focused on-
- SDG4 Quality Education.
- SDG8 Decent Work and Economic Growth.
- SDG9 Industry, Innovation & Infrastructure.
- SDG10 Reduced Inequalities- in particular financial.
- SDG12 Responsible Consumption & Production.
- SDG13 Climate Action.
- SDG16 Peace, Justice & Strong Instructions.
- SDG17 Partnerships to reach these goals.
To learn more about all the SDGs see: https://sdgcompass.org/sdgs/
Our work involves the following key areas, Mindset, Business and Finance (MBF)-
- Mindset. The broadening of awareness, including Sustainability or Biosphere Consciousness, and developing the power of the creative mind, particularly for use in innovation, entrepreneurship and leadership.
- Business. Here we are focused on the emerging Greentech sector, and innovations in sustainable business models and processes, such as Biomimicry and the building of the new Sustainable Economy.
- Finance. The linking of capital to sustainable business is key, our work here involves the evolving concept of Environmental and Social Governance (ESG), Sustainable Value Investing methods, and ways to integrate and align Sustainability in all business and finance decision-making.
Through these three areas we hope to make a strong contribution to two or more of the above SDGs. Perhaps we can break new ground through the intersection of the MBF areas, and help build a foundation for the new Sustainable Economy.
Sustainability will be like a golden thread running through these three areas, and in all we do.
Here are a few ways we can specifically help you-
- Insights and Inspiration. Regular posts, articles, newsletters and other resources to provide unique insights and inspiration.
- Centralised Information Hub. A centralised, independent information hub for Sustainability and related resources.
- Unique Creative Ideas. We focus on giving to you unique, cutting edge insights and ideas. These often occur at the edges or intersections of current disciplines. We are building for you a foundation for creativity and innovation. This is particularly useful for innovations in Greentech, and Sustainable or Impact Investing.
- Practical Resources for Action. We are building the bridge from theory and empirical research to simple, practical resources and tools for ready application. This can give you a basis for efficient systems building, and the potential to scale faster innovative businesses.
- Powerful Community. Through our growing global members, we are building a powerful, multidisciplinary community of entrepreneurs, experts, managers, investors and others who can connect and collaborate to build specialist teams.
- Business Opportunities. In time, by engaging with our community, you may also find exciting business and other opportunities.
- Mutual Support. Most importantly, we want to provide a community of like minds who can provide mutual support. People like you who are also committed to making a positive impact in the world and achieving the SDGs by 2030.
In short, we hope to inspire, provide practical insights, and build a global community for you to also find your highest purpose using the power of Sustainability.
If you are interested to find out more, and to join our community of like minds, you may wish to take out a free membership for resources, news and other important information: CLICK HERE.
CEO & Founder
Lee Spano is the founder of Creatness, www.creatness.com . He has a broad range of knowledge and experience, now spanning nearly 30 years. He has worked in several sectors, including: finance, law, property and technology. In finance, Lee has specialised experience in stocks, options, futures and foreign exchange markets, where he has built robust investing and trading systems. In property, he has developed property, particularly medium density residential property in Australia. In technology, Lee was an early adopter in the 1990s in the design of professional online networks. In 1990, Lee started out as a lawyer in Sydney, Australia, and specialised in Commercial Law.
Lee’s personal journey started out with a fascination for creativity and ideas. In his youth he particularly loved the Renaissance period. The search for Universal truth and the idea of the Renaissance Mind. This is where writers, thinkers, entrepreneurs, business people- all people focused not just on the depth of one field, but the edges and intersections of multiple fields. What was beneath all knowledge? What are universal truths or principles?
In time, Lee saw the link between the Renaissance Mind and creativity- new ideas, universal principles were not at the centre, they were at the edges and intersections.
However, during much of the late 20th Century, these ideas were not the norm. Knowledge was splintered, siloed into academic, professional or other business areas. You either fitted in one and dedicated your life to it, or you did not succeed. During that time knowledge and work were linear and industrial.
This made no sense to Lee, and so he moved from several areas, including, law, property, tech, business and finance. All the while he maintained a lifelong learning of diverse areas including, philosophy, psychology, mathematics, business, tech, economics and finance. The one constant was his passion for ideas, and his fixation on the creative space between existing fields.
With the explosion of information technology and the internet, the rigidity of knowledge domains began to melt. Entrepreneurs, investors and others realised opportunity existed at the edges. Disruption became another word for creativity. Lee saw this as a return to the importance of creative thinking. A return to the idea the Renaissance Mind. A return to first principles. He saw the 21st Century could be a time where both the creative and analytic minds could dynamically work together to spawn new fields, new innovations, new thinking.
The breakthrough occurred when two things happened. First, he moved to a semi-rural area near Brisbane, Australia, and became fascinated with creative, abstract photography. Through this lens, he began to really see the hidden patterns, mathematics, connections and powerful systems of nature. He found a connection between creativity, form and function. Second, Lee discovered the notion of Sustainability in the early 1990s and again in the 2000s through research and study. He realised Sustainability is inherently multidisciplinary. Here he discovered the intersection of many knowledge areas, and here he found a well-spring for creativity and innovation.
Most importantly, here in Sustainability he found his highest purpose– to serve others and the environment, including the pressing issue of Climate Change. Purpose and creativity were the missing pieces he had been looking for so many years. He then made a lifelong commitment to Sustainability and it became the foundation of his business.
Lee holds several degrees and other awards from leading institutions, such as the University of Sydney. These cover disciplines such as: Finance, Business, Law, Mathematics and Psychology. He has a commitment to lifelong learning through research, innovation, and engaging with fellow travellers. Professionalism, integrity, social justice, creativity and serving others have become enduring values. On a personal note, Lee has a passion for family, community, nature and Art Photography.
Lee has written widely over the years, and his latest book is ‘True Wealth – Principles and Practices’ (Amazon –International ; Booktopia –Australia ; Barnes & Noble -USA). Here a new paradigm of thought for lasting prosperity and success is presented. It is based on extensive research and experience, drawing on many fields, ranging from science to philosophy, business and economics. He helps us to re-define what we mean by wealth and success, and then empowers us to achieve so much more in business and in life.
For Lee’s full biography, click here.
“If you are looking for someone to explain the financial markets in an easy to understand manner, I highly recommend Lee Spano. As the Events and Member Services Coordinator of the Australian Investors Association, I have called on Lee’s expertise many times to do presentations at our Annual National Conference as well as at our Information Meetings. Lee is also a regular article contributor to our quarterly magazine and Facebook page. Lee’s presentation style is excellent and his knowledge of the financial markets is excellent.” – Donna Meadows, AIA Events and Member Services Coordinator.
“Lee Spano has written many informative and engaging investment articles for Australian Resources and Investment magazine.” – Eden Cox, Editor Australian Resources and Investment Journal.
“With a broad background in Business and Law, Lee offers a range of information and educational products to the business and investing community. As an experienced Trader and Investor, he has been an active developer and innovator of trading systems for derivatives. He shares his expertise through published articles in journals and magazines. Lee has contributed his marketing expertise to the Australian Investors Association, through his membership of the Marketing Committee.”- Bill Dodd, Private Investor.
“As an industry professional I found working with Lee Spano, firstly on the Brisbane Chapter of the ATAA and then with the ATAA National Board, to be highly professional and his experience in marketing and member recruitment to be exemplary. The concepts put forward to be highly effective and achievable and in this regard I would highly recommend Lee’s services. As a co-member of the ATAA and attending Lee’s presentations, particularly in the area of increasing wealth creation through a disciplined and a systematic approach, to be clear and concise, with an emphasis on professionalism to be hugely beneficial to any private trader or professional.”- Dean Smith, Private Client Advisor- Options Specialist, Former President of the ATAA Brisbane Chapter and Director of the National ATAA Board.
“Surplus wealth is a sacred trust which its possessor is bound to administer in his lifetime for the good of the community.”- Andrew Carnegie.